Great Tips For A Healthy Lifestyle Detoxing
Detoxing can help get your mind, body, and spirit in a healthier place. Detoxing removes harmful foods and irritants from the system and helps the digestive system rest and reboot. It can help you feel re-energized, lose weight, and even see improvement in skin problems and puffiness. Your focus and concentration may improve and your appetite may reset resulting in not eating as much after the detox.
How to Detox
1. Drink water with lemon in the morning. Drinking a glass of water with lemon first thing in the morning will help with digestion, boost the immune system, and support the liver. Squeeze half a lemon into the water and drink with a straw since the lemon juice is very acidic.
2. Eat small meals several times a day. Instead of three large meals, try eating several smaller meals throughout the day. This helps the body process the food and not overload the liver and digestive system.
3. Eat breakfast. It is true that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so don’t miss it. Not eating breakfast can lead to sugar cravings and low energy levels which leads to overeating. Make the breakfast low-sugar, low carb.
4. Read food labels. Reading ingredient labels is a very simple way to help detox our bodies and ensure we’re getting a healthy diet. Often, foods advertised as “Low Fat” are high in sugars and those advertised as “no added sugar” contain sweeteners which are toxic. The only safe sweetener is sucralose, so study the ingredients before purchasing.
5. Get at least 8 hours of sleep. Your body needs adequate time to rest and restore itself. It uses sleep to do this, so it is important to get enough sleep. Ideally, you should awake naturally, but if this is not possible, aim for at least 8 hours each night.
6. Sleep in complete darkness. Artificial light interrupts the sleep cycle, so try and sleep in a completely dark room. This will help ensure a deep, refreshing sleep. Also try and keep the room cool.
7. Buy locally grown foods. This is a good healthy option because foods picked within the last twenty-four hours have not had a chance to lose their nutritional properties. Foods transported from other places may have been sitting in a warehouse for a period of time losing their nutritional value. It also helps support local farmers and gardeners.
8. Use chemical-free or plant-based hair dyes. Most regular hair coloring contains toxins, including paraphenylenediamine, ammonia, peroxide, and resorcinol. These are then absorbed directly into the body through the scalp.
9. Try a massage. Massage applies pressure which can improve lymphatic flow and blood circulation resulting in flushing out toxins. It is important to drink plenty of water following a massage to help with this toxin flush.
10. Try a Detox Bath. Pour one cup Epsom salts and one cup aluminum-free baking soda into a tub of warm water, then soak for twenty to thirty minutes. This combination of baking soda, Epsom salts, and warm water draws out the toxins from the body. It also helps replenish the body’s supply of magnesium.
11. Get outside. Your body synthesizes the sun’s rays into Vitamin D and Vitamin D is important to your body’s ability to absorb calcium. You need calcium to keep strong bones and to reduce your risk of diabetes, cancer, and high blood pressure. It also helps keep your immune system strong. Even during the winter, try and get outside at least fifteen minutes per day.
Starting the new year off with a detoxing plan can lead to a healthier, more energetic you. These are some simple lifestyle changes that can help you on your way.